Tuesday 29 November 2011

Bacon Wrapped Salmon Mousse with Berry Cream Cheese Sauce


I hate to cook when I don’t have much time on my hand.It so happened that I had to attend one of my friends birthday bash and on the very last moment she says “Please get something amazing to eat.” I protested saying you should have told me earlier and you get the most frustrating remark “are tu toh chef hai Na” and I was like s**t. I quickly did the inventory of my pantry and fridge, what I got was very interesting……it was berry compote, bacon, smoked salmon and a packet of Philadelphia cream cheese. What can be done with this???

Then it struck me that m going for a party so let’s make something which can be used as finger food; thus I decided to make smoke salmon mousse wrapped in bacon with berry cream cheese sauce.


Ingredients
Quantity
Smoked salmon
400 gms rough chop
Bacon strips
40 pcs
Amul cream
100 ml
Chives
1 pkt
Philadelphia cream cheese
100 gms
Cranberry compote
50 gms
Thyme
1 pkt
Maple syrup
60 ml
Silver foil
1 roll
Salt & pepper
To taste


Method
  • First take out all the black part from the salmon fillet; it is actually the blood which comes out when filleting the fish. Post that chop the fish randomly.
  • Now in mixer put chopped fish and amul cream and puree it to a smooth paste.
  • This mixture has to be thick so that it can be spread on the bacon.
  • In this paste put chopped chives, salt and pepper.
  • Now cut silver foil in 1 ft by 15 inches long rectangular sheets. Grease these sheets with maple syrup and sprinkle some thyme, salt & pepper.
  • Then arrange the bacon strips on foil overlapping each other. Again brush some maple syrup and sprinkle some thyme.
  • Take like 2 spoonful of the salmon mixture and arrange it width wise.
  • Now preheat the oven at 175C for 15 mins & let the oven get really hot.
  • Carefully start wrapping the fish mixture with bacon. Cut off any excess of bacon since we just need it to coat. You have to be very careful when you wrap the foil it has to be very tight else we will not get the proper cylindrical shape.
  • Put these parcels on the baking trays and let them bake for 5 mins on high heat.
  • Take from the oven and put it on the plat grill so that the bacon will get colour do not over cook this else the salmon mixture will dry out.
  • For sauce mix cream cheese with pinch of salt and amul cream then whisk till smooth.
  • Cut the fish in bite size pieces then drizzle some of this cream cheese sauce and top it up with berry compote.



Bon Appetite


Amey.

No comments:

Post a Comment