Monday 27 August 2012

A fruit : so versatile


A rainy afternoon, I sat down experimenting with my lens. I picked up a pomegranate from the refrigerator and was about to consume it. I took out the fruit from the refrigerator and left it on the dining table.

Revisited to cut it, but was amazed at its natural color combination and beauty...This one was rare because of the leaf still on it...The fruit was as versatile as probably a human being in different shots.




The following one is my personal favorite. The color of the leaf and the fruit a perfect contrast.. with those tiny pearls on the surface. Careful observation will also allow you to see that a pomegranate has many shades to it and is not just pink or red as it seems to many of us.


I thought it should be worth sharing. Well this fruit happens to be one of my favorite ones. The highest source of zinc and antioxidants. However, some of us avoid eating it because of the tiring procedure to peel it . But well i have technique which makes it real easy to peel it .
Step 1) wash the fruit and cut it into halves vertically.
Step2) Tap the individual half with the handle of the knife with mild pressure.
Step3) Use both the hands to hold the circumference and apply pressure with your thumbs to push it outwards.
Step 4) Make sure you are directing towards the vessel into which you want to collect the seeds.
Some advice to drink pomegranate juice, I would advice take that little effort and eat the fruit.

 Cheers!!!!
Asmita Kabre

1 comment: